How to Solve Roku Software Update Failure
Jul 10, 2018
Solve Roku Software Update Failure
- The Roku device ensures that it automatically updates the Software and related firmware.
- You will see error messages flashing on the screen if there is any hindrance to the updates.
- The Error codes are as follows:
Error code 001, Error code 002, Error code 003, and Error code 005.
The following reasons could affect the software update:
- Non-responsive Roku service.
- Extended Outage of the service
- Bad Network connection
- In other words, the Roku customer support is responsible for the first and the second mentioned issues and nothing can be done from the user’s end.
- Consequently, the Roku team will solve the outage or the service issue and it will get the updates done.
- The third reason happens because of the Roku software update failure which is happening due to the bad internet connection.
- Definitely, resolving bad network connection is easy.
Network Connection issue:
- Now, connect the appropriate network to the streaming media player.
- When you use a wireless network, this issue often crops up.
- Eventually, selecting the right network will solve the issue.
- Next, you should possess a healthy working router
- The working condition of the router can be ensured by connecting another device such as the mobile or laptop to the network.
- Make sure that the connected device is able to receive a strong signal from the router which will make the Roku device work as well.
- The Router should be close to the device to receive a better signal strength.
- If all the above-mentioned parameters fail, restart all the connected devices.
And also follow the steps to solve Roku Software update failure problem
Restarting the Roku device:
- Settings > System > System Restart
- For Roku account setup visit Roku Com Link sign in
Restarting the Roku TV:
- Settings > System > Power > System Restart
- Try reaching out to your Internet Service Provider for any issue related to your router.
- Sometimes, just unplug and re-insert the power cable to reset the device.
- A separate RESET button will be available in certain Roku devices.
- Now, automatically the router establishes a connection with the media player
- Before moving further with the software update, try completing the network setup in the first place.
- Then, connect the router to the Roku device using either a wired or a wireless connection.
- Each and every Roku device has the capability to connect to the network,
- If the there is an issue connecting the device to your network, try establishing a connection using an Ethernet cable.
- Usually, wireless connections are comparatively slower than a Wired connection.
For Roku code link activation call our toll-free +1-866-991-0140